Timber Top Hung Roof Windows
Do you want to install beautiful, robust timber top hung windows in your roof to increase natural lighting, improve air circulation, and make your house look more stylish and modern? If your answer is yes, then you definitely need to check out our catalogue below. We offer the best timber roof windows on the market.
Frequently Asked Questions What is a Top Hung Window?
Top hung windows are named like this because they usually hang from the top side and open outwards. These windows are characterized by opening up quite widely, robust design, and classic aesthetics. It has been a window popular with homeowners for more than a hundred years, and it is still going strong.What are the Advantages of a Timber Top Hung Roof Window?
Timber top-hung roof windows have a few prominent advantages:
- The timber gives it a homely and traditional look that makes the windows go perfectly with traditional-style homes, giving your house a cosy feeling and design.
- Top-hung windows are extremely robust and durable, they’re known for their longevity and versatility.
- Top-hung roof windows provide excellent air circulation, so they should be your go-to if you want your room to always feel and smell fresh.
It depends on what kind of adjustments you want to make to your room and which jurisdiction you live in, but the answer is usually no. You don’t need planning permission if you install the timber top-hung window in your roof without a lot of bells and whistles. But if your adjustments meet certain conditions, you might need planning permissions:
- If you're planning to install the windows 150 millimetres above the existing roof plane.
- If your windows are going to be higher than the highest point in the roof.
- you're planning to make changes to the structure of the roof like the chimney, soil, etc. due to the installation process.